Yes, Marc travels the world as a professional golfer on the PGA TOUR and Audrey is mom to three energetic little kids. But there’s so much more to the Leishman family than golf! Walk with Marc and Audrey outside the ropes to learn 25 fun facts about their remarkable giving hearts. Don’t be surprised when you find yourself laughing halfway through the list; we’re sure you’ll fall in love with them too!
2) They now live in Virginia Beach, Virginia where Audrey grew up and her parents and two brothers still reside.
3) Marc’s entire family lives in Australia but his parents visit a few times per year.
4) Audrey’s dad served in US Navy and she was actually born on the military base in Naples, Italy.
5) Marc and his dad, Paul, are the absolute best of friends.
6) Their three little kids, Harvey, Oliver and Eva are the center of their world.
8) Audrey is happiest snuggled up with a cup of coffee in front of a book or movie.
9) Speaking of coffee, Marc is quite the barista and makes lattes every morning when he is home.
10) Audrey is a graduate of the College of William and Mary and Marc graduated from the Victorian Institute of Sport.
11) Marc spent a year playing on the Korean Tour before making his way to the US.
12) Audrey worked with mentally ill and developmentally disabled adults and also as an analyst for the Social Security Administration.
13) They met at a bar, The Green Leafe Cafe, in Williamsburg, VA in Audrey’s college town. Marc was there for a Nationwide Monday qualifier, and Audrey was there visiting a friend for a Carbon Leaf concert.
15) Audrey did not know a birdie from a bogey when they met. She learned most of what she knows from the PGA TOUR Shot Tracker and looked up the golf terms on www.golfdictionary.com.
16) Marc will only run if someone is chasing him.
17) They love their two pekingese dogs and two cats, all of whom are rescues.
18) Marc grew up playing cricket, footy, and golf. He still loves to play cricket when he goes home.
19) Audrey is the least athletic person you may ever meet….and no, she does not play golf.
20) Marc will eat just about anything, but hates cucumbers and mushrooms.
22) Marc loves being in the garden and would mow the lawn everyday if he didn’t care if the neighbors thought he was a little bit crazy.
23) Audrey suffered a near fatal illness in April 2015 due to Toxic Shock Syndrome and Acute Respiratory Syndrome. She now writes a blog, www.psdontusetampons.com about the experience.
24) Marc is afraid of spiders and losing his passport. Audrey is scared of sharks and Shark Week is banned in the Leishman household.
25) Marc is very loyal and has only ever had two caddies. He and Matty, his current caddie, have worked together for the last 10 years.