Did you know? For every hour sepsis treatment is delayed, the risk of death increases as much as 8% and more children die of sepsis than pediatric cancers.
We are committed to spreading awareness about the signs and symptoms of sepsis. Our new Sepsis Ambassador program is a grassroots effort to inform parents of school-aged children and school nurses about what to look for when suspecting sepsis.
Our Sepsis Ambassadors have gone through training and travel to local schools to meet with PTA organizations and nurses teams to talk about the signs and symptoms of sepsis and what to do if they suspect sepsis.
Want to be an Ambassador? Want to help us SUSPECT SEPSIS, SAVE LIVES?
– Passionate about the cause
– Lives in the Virginia Beach area
– Over the age of 18
– Comfortable speaking in public and forming relationships
– Availability to speak at local Virginia Beach schools periodically throughout the year.
– Available to have frequent calls and communication with the Begin Again Foundation team.
– Able to put forth effort in a cause that we are so passionate about.
** Ambassadors may be subject to a background check.